Sunday, December 02, 2007

I Will Offend You---Be Warned!

Over the last twenty or so years we have heard and read more and more statements from professional victims who begin with "I am offended..." and then go on to demand that we others change our words, actions and even our thoughts to suit their poor, very little, hurt feelings. To paraphrase another, historical and less democratic figure (Hanns Johst?) than myself: "When I hear or read the expression 'I am offended', the first thing I do is reach for my pistol!".

That inclination is doubly strong when I hear or read that statement in such forums as academia and the press where the free and uninhibited expression and exchange of ideas must be protected by ALL means.

That reaction is again doubled and re-doubled when I hear or read of some Muslim complaining about those who declare the truth about his criminal-terrorist ideology (Which allows or encourages, and sometimes commands, the use of murder, rape, genocide, perpetual war and the other horrors taught by Mohammed to further the causes of Islam or its power and sex craved followers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am offended by the lack of free speech, press, or otherwise. The Anti-Defamation League does a good job "pulling the wool" over white Americans. The ADL controls and limits what some poor blind bastard thinks is free speech and press. DOWN WITH THE ANTI-DEFAMATION LEAGUE! "Dedicated to the thousands of unsung patiots who have fought a losing battle for the things they believed in, and who are ultimately silenced by an enemy they never saw, and perhaps never even knew existed, the Anti-Defamation League." -liberty lobby staff