Those schools (And officers/officials) have "created", sexual and other offenses, as are very poorly defined to the extent that most reasonable persons (eg Especially for university students or employees) can not know what is forbidden and punishable by any violations of those vague mandates.
Many schools aggravate those violations of their ill-defined "rules" by failing to offer even minimum "due process of law" by using "Star Chamber Court" like "hearings" which fail to provide the following.
- Right to sufficient-time prior (Written) notice-of/access-to the: “Charges” against the citizen; The Laws/rules/regulations alleged to be violated; The names and other identifying information of all witnesses who have provided testimony or other evidence (eg Documents/physical-evidence) as to the “charges”.
- The right to have legal counsel present at any hearings and to fully represent the accused.
- The right to compel personal testimony of witnesses and to have that testimony given on oath/affirmation (Allowing for criminal or civil punishment for perjury/false-swearing if such is inflicted) AND to cross-examine those witnesses.
- The right to a hearing before a neutral hearing examiner.
- The right to appeal any such decision to a court-of-law based on the facts, the law and state and federal constitutions if a public institution is involved OR to the highest authority in a private organization.