Sunday, October 30, 2011
The real goals of UW (NOT that of self-serving administrators and senior faculty) would be better served by enacting and enforcing the following steps:
1. Eliminate all "remedial education" and related "coaching" programs within UW (With many savings in staff costs);
2. Admit to both undergraduate and graduate (eg Law and medicine) programs only the academically best qualified by, among other means, eliminating all "affirmative action" policies and programs (For more such savings);
3. Make it a matter of UW policy that quotas are to be set-and-maintained for designation as "undergraduate majors" and graduate programs in proportion to the economic demand for persons, with such degrees, in our labor market (For myself, I suggest that there may be more persons being issued degrees in Social Work, Black Studies, Women's Studies and like areas that there is any, if any, demand for by employers);
4. Reduce the number of "Assistants" and "Deputies" in all academic positions by not less than 50%, a change which will save millions-of-dollars and that without any probable harm to students.
5. Required that a set part (eg 50%) of patent-licensing-fees, copyright-payments "earned" by UW faculty and other staff while employed (And using UW facilities and staff to develop or publish) be paid into the General Fund of the State or, at the least, UW's General Fund and NOT siphoned off to some entity not under the control of the Legislature or Regents.
Most importantly, it appears (On the basis of the best information available to me) that the real need of our employers will be persons trained in manufacture-related skills by our excellent Technical Colleges (Which should take the same cost saving measures noted above)! Therefore, the Legislature and our Governor should focus more state resources (Dependent on execution of the cost savings measures noted above) on those technical college AND inform UW that it must control AND cut-back its spending as outlined above.
Also, it would be best if UW were brought back under the control of the People by the direct election of its Regents (Perhaps with two from every Congressional district).
Wednesday, October 19, 2011
Until his illuminating statement I thought that the People who amended, by a considerable majority and secret ballot, our Constitution to make the keeping and bearing of arms a basic right were only acting in the traditions set down by such as President Thomas Jefferson.
Until that great revelation I was strangely confused by the three-times passage of a CCW law by our Legislature (Twice under Democrat-Party control, the first two vetoed by that party's nominal leader) was an expression of the democratic will of the People.
This "Glorious & Maximum Leader" should be crowned with the hero's laurels and like recognition.for so clearly demonstrating that democracy is "GOOFY".
Monday, October 17, 2011
Bible does condemn homosexual acts
It is absolutely incredible that Mark Achtemeier, in his op-ed "Celebrating this servant of God," would argue that the Bible does not condemn homosexuality as sinful (Perspectives, Oct. 11).
I have read through the Greek New Testament multiple times, read the Torah in Hebrew, translated the Aramaic portions of the Bible, edited a book on the text of Scripture and teach Greek and Hebrew at the college and seminary level in the Milwaukee area.
Old Testament texts such as: "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination" (Lev 18:22) and New Testament texts such as Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9-11, and many others, mean, in Greek and Hebrew, exactly what they mean in English.
Achtemeier's denomination decided, in the 1920s, to turn away from its former faith in an infallible Bible, an act that led to the resignation of the cream of the faculty of his denomination's seminary, Princeton, at that time.
If he agrees with his denomination that the Bible is filled with errors, let him say so. But to argue that the Bible does not condemn homosexual acts is an egregious misuse of the plain meaning of many passages.
(Author's Name Left Purposely Out)
Thursday, October 06, 2011
1. There is a difference between good and evil.
2. Compromise with evil is evil in itself .
3. There is a difference between knowledge and ignorance.
4. Compromise with ignorance is ignorant.
5. There is a difference between what can be, on a reliable and valid basis, supported by experimental (The only real) science and that which cannot be, but is too often claimed as "scientifically proven" .
6. There is a difference between the position that real science must constantly reevaluate its propositions and theories (Not equal to each other) and no scientific proposition (eg
The speed of light' Substantial human causes for climate change) is beyond question Vs. the position that science can be "settled"/
7. Without regard to its "sometimes" failures the traditional marriage of one man and one women has been clearly demonstrated, by history, as the basic-and-best unit of the nation and of civilization Vs. those who deny that traditional marriage is the hard-rock base of civilizations.
8. That spending beyond income will result in the ruination of an individual or family or a corporation or a nation Vs. that such spending, in the long run, will benefit individuals, companies and governments.
9. There are major differences between Islam and the world's monotheistic religions
as make Islam the enemy of both any democracy and civilization Vs. the position that Islam is "just another religion".
10. The public acts of Mr. B. H. Obama are contrary to the best interests of the People of the USA and far too often in violation of the Constitution and our democratically passed law Vs. the position that the elected president must do what s/he will to forward his/her understanding of the needs of the nation.
11. That the original intent of the authors of the Constitution (And its amendments) should be the primary base for any judicial decisions as that basic document has NO provisions for "evolving standards of decency" or other judicial inventions BUT does have a prescribed method of change Vs. the position that the Constitution is a living document to be changed/understood according to the conclusions of unelected, Federal, judges.
12. That pregnancies represents only "blobs of tissue" to be carried-to-term or aborted at the discretion of the mother Vs. the view that they are unborn babies, with unique genetic identities, different from the mother, and capable of feeling the pain of abortion at a very early "age".
13. That each adult citizen has an individual right to "keep and bear arms" to exercise a Natural Law right to self-defense (And duty to protect innocent others) Vs. That governments should have a monopoly on the possession of modern weapons, will be instantly available to protect all and will not use that monopoly to impose tyranny.
I could list many more of the like divisions in this nation. It will up to the People (And, hopefully, not life-term Federal judges) , through the democratic election of its representatives, chose which positions will be public policy.
I do not see any openings for compromise on the above and many other subjects as they are too basic to the future of the nation and a most basic understanding of the political, ethical and moral nature of the USA.
Monday, October 03, 2011
At first I thought this was a tongue-in-cheek parody; But, a review of Islamic teachings, goals and means (Both from its source materials, the Koran and Hadith and History) reveals that the horrid propositions are real and fully "Islamic".
SHARIA IN AMERICA
By Ayesha Ahmed
Omar M. Ahmad founder of CAIR said:'Islam isn't in America to be equal to any other faith, but to become dominant' he said. 'The Koran, the Muslim book of scripture, should be the highest authority in America , and Islam the only accepted religion on Earth,' he said.
Americans should give a serious thought to CAIR's agenda.. If Islam and sharia is adopted in America , It will be great.
Muslims are right. Non of the existing Islamic countries are truly Islamic, that is why they don't progress and most of them are poor, corrupt and miserable. We must implement 100% sharia and sunna to get full benefits of Islam. Inshallah we will try to do it in USA to make it the first real Muslim country after the days of rightly guided khalifas Consider the following advantages:
America can go to jihad against non Muslim countries. It will bring immense wealth in booty and millions of captured women. Canada and Mexico can be easy targets and are conveniently located for easy assault and hauling of booty.
Since slavery will be allowed government can open slave markets to sell it's 20% share of the captured women.
Captured women/slave-girls can provide affordable domestic help for house wives and clean enjoyable sex for their husbands
Enslaved men can be used as farm labor and factory workers at a much lower cost than unionized labor.
Unemployed men from the prohibited non Islamic businesses like TV, Photography, computers, mortgage companies, music industry etc can be hired as religious police for the Ministry of Prevention of Vice and Promotion of Virtues. They can be used to beat up women violating burqa laws, arrest men with undersize beards and whip the non religious types found loitering at prayer times.
Since men will be allowed four wives and unlimited number of slave girls, population boom will result in making the fastest growing religion grow even faster.
All non muslims will live under dhimmi rules and pay heavy Jizya. Budget deficits will be a thing of the past.
Stoning of adulterers, whipping of alcohol drinkers, cutting of hands and feet of thieves and beheadings of apostates can be carried out after Juma prayers on Fridays in the local stadium. Gate charge for this gory and exciting weekly spectacle can generate a lot of revenue.
Unemployed male gynecologists can be hired to carry out circumcisions of new male converts.
Female circumcision can be made mandatory to promote piety and holiness and discourage lewdness among women.
Marriage age for girls can be lowered to 6 years. That will reduce the burden of support of large poorer families and also promote a sunna, the tradition set by the holy prophet (peace be up on him).
Whole Ramadan will be declared as public holidays so that every one can pray and recite the Quran.. Why work in the only month in which all ibadah and Quran recitals are worth 70 times the normal sawab (reward)?
Shia Muslims on temporary out of town business assignments will be able to do a temporary marriage (Muta) and enjoy home comfort outside of home.
Since menstruation is a disease according to Quran all menstruating women will be given time off to rest in bed during their periods.
All toilet seats in the public rest rooms will be reoriented so that one does not defecate facing Mecca.
All public toilets will have buckets of stones instead of toilet tissues for claiming after defecation as a movement to implement sunna in the country.
Separate bins along roadside will be placed to drop bones and dried animal feces for jins to snack on.
Spiraling medical costs can be brought down by the following two prong approaches:
Imams can be placed in the clinics to recite Quranic ayas (verses) and blow on the patients and pray for them . Their fee will be a fraction of what doctor's charge.
All pharmacies will be required to dispense black cumin, honey, Indian incense and camel urine as cure for all diseases as recommended by the holy prophet (pbuh). The cost will be a fraction of today's medicines.
Spiralling prison costs will come down due to the following:
All men serving time for the crime of rape will be freed if four male witnesses had not testified in the trial. Even if four male witnesses had testified, the criminal will be freed under insanity provision , since only mentally insane will rape in front of four witnesses.
All men serving sentences for beating wives will be freed as under new American sharia law wife beating will be allowed.
All thieves will be freed after cutting their hands and feet.
All pedophiles will be freed as sex with children will not be against law any more.
All slayers of unbelievers will be freed if they converted to Islam.
All these result in savings and prosperity and happiness for all. InshaAllah!
Sharia Law and American State Courts; An Assessment Of State Appellate Court Cases;
The Center For Security Policy Occasional Paper Series; May 20, 2011.
CD available upon written request to that center at: 1901 Pennsylvania Avenue (Suite 201), Washington, DC 20006; OR,