- Teachers would have more college-level course work (Or, for vocational arts training, practical experience) on the subjects to be taught rather than such “how to teach” and “politically correct” courses as have lead the way to such academic disaster areas as MPS.
- It appears that 90%-plus of university teachers very much support and teach the anti-principles of”The Left” as is very unlike the conservative-liberal divisions in Wisconsin as expressed in our elections. (It seems likely that those in Schools Of Education are at the high end of that group.)
- The proposed changes in licensing should/must require the very active recruitment of retired military teachers who (In the DOD's excellent technical schools, the military academies and its advanced schools/institutes) have knowledge-bases and teaching-experiences much greater that the vast majority of new and, also, of many senior teachers as now licensed in both “vocational” matters and in such subjects as history and civics. [Those retired military teachers will also offer examples, by precept and example, of self-discipline, duty and sacrifice for the “common good” as so lacking in our general society.]
Friday, June 12, 2015
The recently proposed changes in Wisconsin's teacher-licensing laws offers various-and-great opportunities to distill (NOT "Dilute") the qualifications of Wisconsin's teachers.
The last advantage is likely to be one most rejected by the present “Professional Educators”, their supporters in teachers' unions and bought/leased politicians as it offers a very great threat to their political orientation AND their over-blown senses-of-self-worth.
A. I am a graduate of UW-Milwaukee and of US Navy technical schools.
B. The active recruitment of such retired/retiring DOD teachers could be expedited by: Sending “job announcements” to all such schools; Advertisements in newspapers published on or near those DOD facilities having schools; And, by special-and-ongoing lobbying with the DOD and VA (Who have, I believe, relevant placement programs). A central "clearing house" for such vacancies in Wisconsin's Public AND other schools could be, by statute, given the duty for such recruitment.
C. Since retired members of the Armed Forces already have very hard-earned retirement-pay and medical-benefits, they may be willing to be "more flexible" on pay and fringe-benefits as teachers.
Sunday, June 07, 2015
'We the sensible people of the United States, in an attempt to help everyone get along, restore some semblance of justice, avoid more riots, keep our nation safe, promote positive behavior, and secure the blessings of debt-free liberty to ourselves and our great-great-great-grandchildren, hereby try one more time to ordain and establish some common sense guidelines for the terminally whiny, guilt ridden, delusional. We hold these truths to be self evident: that a whole lot of people are confused by the Bill of Rights and are so dim they require a Bill of NON-Rights.'
ARTICLE III: You do not have the right to be free from harm. If you stick a screwdriver in your eye, learn to be more careful; do not expect the tool manufacturer to make you and all your relatives independently wealthy. Your being armed may likely prevent you from harm from criminal attacks and allows you to exercise you right to self-defense AND avoid being guilty of aiding in your being harmed.
ARTICLE V: You do not have the right to free health care. That would be nice, but from the looks of your care of public housing, you are just not interested in public health care.
If you kidnap, rape, intentionally maim, or kill someone, don't be surprised if the rest of us want to see you in a cell with a 275# body builder with the "hots" for you OR meet some citizens who will provide you with "two to the chest and one to the head".
ARTICLE VIII: You do not have the right to a job. All of us sure want you to have a job, and will gladly help you along in hard times, but we expect you to take advantage of the opportunities of education and vocational training laid before you to make yourself useful. If you fail to oppose politicians allowing floods of job-stealing “Illegals” to enter OUR nations, you have forfiting your job.
ARTICLE XI: You do not have the right to change our country's history or heritage. This country was founded on the belief in one true God. And yet, you are given the freedom to believe in any religion, any faith, or no faith at all; with no fear of persecution. The phrase IN GOD WE TRUST is part of our heritage and history, sorry if you are uncomfortable with it. If you are too unhappy with that I suggest you move to places controlled by ISIS or to North Korea.
Saturday, May 16, 2015
Yes, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev (Like Nidal Hasan of Ft. Hood infamy) was found guilty of multiple murders and sentenced to death.
Yet, he (And Hasan) were under-charged. Both were, very clearly, "waging war against the United States" and should have also been charged with the more serious crime of TREASON: As defined in Article-III, Section-3 of the Constitution; And, noted in s. 2381, 18 US Code Chapter 115.
The real-and-basic reason for those under-chargings was to allow the Obama Administration to avoid even the hint of the following truths: True-believing Muslims must obey that fellow Mohammed's command to wage "perpetual war" (Jihad) against "unbelievers"; And, that that the targets of that Jihad now includes the USA and 99% of its citizens and legal immigrants---As demonstrated by various "lone-wolf" and small-group Islamist attacks in the USA over recent years.
As there is no "Statue Of Limitations" as to TREASON, it might be best to:
!. Now charge them with that most horrid of crimes as an "object lesson";
2. To likewise charge those US citizens now engaged in waging military Jihad overseas for any organization which has declared the USA one of its enemies--Even if not yet in custody; And,3. To try such critters before the same type of "military commission" as, most exactly, tried those who were involved in the murder of President Lincoln---As resulted in their quick and certain execution (Which should be by "long drop hanging).
Tuesday, April 28, 2015
There is nothing in the Constitution of the United States as addresses marriage. For most of our Republic's history the regulation of that civilization-sustaining institution (Of one man and one woman) was left to the States in obedience to the Tenth Amendment to that base of our government, that being a part of The Of Rights.
Those who claim that the Fourteenth Amendment allows the courts to bypass the democratic votes of the People and require that the States recognize and government enforce (By punishments) "Homosexual Marriage" forget that the intent of the authors of that provision was only to provide the then recently freed Black slaves with a certain minimum of political rights----And NOT to give judges the power to "make law from the bench" and amend the Constitution without going through that Constitution's, internal-and-democratic, means of change.
The same provisions apply to the States deciding who is a qualified voters and, if the People of the States so chose by democratic voting, what proofs of such qualification they may require.
Such persons also fail to admit that religion parts of the First Amendment were only to prevent the Federal Government from establishing a single "official church" [Some of the States maintained official churches, without constitutional challenge, into the
1830s---As is the current Administration's present-and-unconstitutional support of the "Religion-Of-Atheism" (And Islam) against Christians, Jews and others].
Of course, that is not unexpected as those same persons (Especially Federal judges) will not admit that the "shall not be infringed" clause of the Second Amendment is the most severely worded-and-intended limit on Federal government (And, now, lesser governments.)---And do everything to, most undemocratically, deny the enforcement of that provision as was supported by the patriotic Founders of our Republic.
Saturday, April 18, 2015
I, most strongly, maintain that the best way to return UW to its fullest strength, and that as the useful servant of the People, is to have the Legislature most formally and solemnly declare that the “Public Policy”of Wisconsin is:
- The primary goal of UW is to provide the the university ready youth of Wisconsin with a quality and affordable university education;
- The secondary goal of that school is to develop new knowledge and views of our world as will be openly known to all AND not to be kept secrete for the benefit of any individual(s) or organization(s);
- The ownership and governance of UW belongs equally to all of the People of Wisconsin without regard to any employment-by or enrollment-in that school;
- No qualified citizen of Wisconsin may be excluded from student status at any campus of UW in favor of the citizen of another of the Several States and, more specially, of some other nation; And,
- . All faculty and other employees of UW, students of that school and visitors to it are entitled to the full protections (As intended by the Authors) of the United State's Bill Of Rights AND like provisions of Article-I of Wisconsin’s Constitution.
I have long maintained that a best way of enacting-and-enforcing such public policy is to:
- Have the People of Wisconsin directly elect the UW Regents (As is done in Nebraska), the same number from each Congressional District (To provide for democratic and court-required equal representation) from candidates who receive no benefit from that school;
- And, turn over the full governance of UW to those democratically elected Regents.
The financial “problems”of UW could be best resolved by, among other steps, having those elected Regents::
- Exclude from enrollment all persons not already qualified for university-level scholarship (eg Eliminate all “affirmative action” and like programs);
- Require that all moneys received from patents and copyrights be directly assigned to UW's “General Fund” and not, as now, be given to some under-performing and grossly under-supervised agency;
- Require that all of UW's salaried employees turn over to that fund all speaker's fees and other income received (Less reasonable travel expenditures) while an employee of our university;
- Assuming that UW's President, Chancellors and other high officials are “well spoken” and fullyqualified to address the issues of UW, fire all of that school's “spokes critters”;
- Have a comprehensive study of UW done: By such organization(s) as is (Are) fully divorced from any person(s) or organization(s) staffed-by or connected-to those “out of” the incestuous world of Academia; To determine if there is any scientific (ie “Reliable and valid”, “with a high level of confidence” and validated by those “with no ax to grind”) to prove/demonstrate the the salaries (And fringe benefits) allocated to UW's President, Chancellors and other high official are “cost effective” and in the best interests of the People of Wisconsin; To, at the same level of proof, determine if “Tenure” serves that interest OR if it blocks the hiring of new and more energetic/productive faculty;
- Other than “professors”, library staff, grounds keepers and public safety officers, eliminate not less than 50% of all UW employees whose job title includes such terms as “Assistant” or “Deputy" or “Associate”---Without allowing those employees to be retained in other, probably non-productive, positions.
Tuesday, March 24, 2015
The lessons of history and current events demonstrate that the only means of "communicating" with those Muslims waging Jihad is by the application of over whelming and deadly force as at: Tours (732 AD); Las Navas de Tolosa (1212 AD); Granada (1492 AD); Lepanto (1571 AD); Chocim/Khotym (1621 AD); Vienna (1683 AD); The USA's campaigns against the Islamist-Pirates of the Barbary States (1805-1815); Navarino (1827 AD); Israel’s various and defensive wars from 1948 on (Just in case you ask, I am not of the Jewish Faith nor do I have any financial interests in the State of Israel); Multinational mini-campaigns against the Islamist Pirates operating off the Muslim Sudan.
[To these I add the most excellent shooting down of the worm who assassinated a ceremonial guard on Canada's Parliament Hill and by the armed citizen who liquidated the swine who beheaded a lady in Oklahoma. I can now gladly add the lessons of The Sniper!]
FROM: George Santayana. “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it”.
Monday, March 23, 2015
A Book Of Note: Chemerinsky, Erwin; The Case Against The Supreme Court; Viking (Penguin Group); ISBN 978-0-670-02643-5; New York; 2014.
MY FURTHER THOUGHTS (RAVINGS?) ON SCOTUS & LAWYERS
Other Entries: This blog (Under “Law” and other headings) contains related materials.
President Jefferson On “Intent”: "On every question of construction carry ourselves back to the time when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates and instead of trying what meaning may be squeezed out of the text or invented against it, conform to to the probable one in which it was passed." [Please specially note that the term "trying" was used as in "boiling down" something (eg Whale blubber or the Constitution) to obtain what the actors wish (eg Whale oil or perverse decisions.]
Judicial Abuse Of The Constitution: The US Courts, on the basis of Marbury Vs. Madison have seized such powers as allow them to “make law” in violation of the exact words and the intent of the authors of the 1789 Constitution and, as needed for the ratification of that, most basic law, the Bill Of Rights (And such later matters as the “14th Amendment”) as in inflicted on the People by avoiding its constitutional, internal and democratic means of changes. The following are special examples of that abuse.
1. The “1st Amendment” declared the right of a “free exercise of religion”. That did not mean that “wall of separation” as mentioned by President Jefferson in a private letter which was taken by a one-time and active member of the KKK to mutilate the real intent which was to prevent only the Federal Government from establishing such a State Church/Religion as was so common, then, throughout the World. (Please note that some of the States maintained “Official Churches” into the 1830s and that without judicial interference.)
2. The “Inter-State Commerce Clause” has been mis-used to extent Federal power to almost every aspect of life and that towards the destruction of the intent of the “10th Amendment”. As far as I can tell, the intent of that clause was to prevent the Several States from the abuses of “import duties” and other trade restrictions as had under “The Articles Of Confederation”.
3. The Courts and the other branches of government have danced around (And, sometimes, goose-stepped on) the “shall not be infringed” clause of the “2nd Amendment”. The patriot Founders of our Republic: Were masters of our English language and knew exactly what “shall not” and “infringed” meant; And, were very exact in supporting an armed citizenry, holding modern arms as issued to soldiers, as the ultimate and best safeguard against tyrants and tyranny.
4. The above-noted expansion of Federal powers has lead to, among other dangers, a plague of Federal agencies who have the practical power to take property in violation of the intent of the “4th Amendment” and are now armed at a military level with the most modern weapons.5. As far as I can tell that the “14th Amendment” was created only to provide the, then, recently freed slaves with a certain minimum of political rights. Since then, the Courts have abused that provision to: Work towards a further destruction of the “10th Amendment”; And, invent “rights” not contemplated by its authors or the Authors of the 1789 Constitution