Sunday, June 07, 2020

Dr. King On Violence By "Negros"

After viewing the "film and photos" of so many Blacks inflicting arson, assaults, robberies and other acts of gross
violence I was very interested in the following statements by Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr..

I will never change in my basic idea that non-violence is the most potent weapon available to the Negro in his struggle for freedom and justice. I think for the Negro to turn to violence would be both impractical and immoral.


Let me say as I’ve always said, and I will always continue to say, that riots are socially destructive and self-defeating. I’m still convinced that nonviolence is the most potent weapon available to oppressed people in their struggle for freedom and justice. I feel that violence will only create more social problems than they will solve. That in a real sense it is impracticable for the Negro to even think of mounting a violent revolution in the United States. So I will continue to condemn riots, and continue to say to my brothers and sisters that this is not the way. “.

Today’s (Of all races; But especially Black) journalists, officials, clergy and other such leaders (sic) seem very strangely reluctant to confront this time’s rioters (And their co-actors) with those quotes.


No comments: