Sunday, November 13, 2016
"Due Process" In Administrative Hearings
- Right to prior notice-of/access-to the: “Charges” against the citizen; Law/rules/regulations alleged to be violated; The names and other identifying information of all witnesses who have provided testimony or other evidence; Documents/physical-evidence as to the “charges”.
- The right to compel personal testimony of witnesses and to have that testimony given on oath/affirmation (Allowing for criminal or civil punishment for perjury/false-swearing if such is inflicted).
- The right to a hearing before a neutral hearing examiner.
- The right to a written decision from that examiner.
- The right to appeal any such decision to a court-of-law based on the facts, the law and state and federal constitutions.