There is a path to citizenship! It is contained within those laws!
SUMMARY OF BLOG ENTRIES
Saturday, May 01, 2010
My State (Wisconsin) has laws punishing: Robbery (eg Of banks); Possession of a short-barreled (Sawed off) rifle or shotgun; Possession of a firearm by a felon; And, other and very serious crimes. The US Code also provides for the prosecution of "Bank Robbery" and the other crimes noted above. Offenders may be charged and tried for those offenses in either State or Federal (Or both) Courts. The penalties for State and Federal violations may be different.
I do not know of any person convicted in Wisconsin courts of those crimes who "beat the State rap" by claiming that the Federal laws preempt prosecution by the State.
The Arizona law merely asserts "concurrent jurisdiction" with the Federal government and Federal laws with differing penalties as is not uncommon in such matters.
Honesty in discussing Arizona's law demands the presentation of the above!
Tuesday, May 01, 2007
If Ivan Boris Doe and Juan Batista Roe illegally come to the USA and engender children here, are those children entitled to the benefits of US citizenship? That is a debatable legal issue!
Section-1 of the 14th Amendment to our Constitution gives the rights of citizenship only to those persons under the jurisdiction of this nation. Illegal immigrants have, by their unlawful entry into the USA, avoided that jurisdiction. Therefore, they have no more rights to give the highly valued fact of citizenship to their children born here than would the above noted Ivan Doe or Juan Roe have to pass on their ill gotten gains to their children.
This concept has not been tested in the Courts; But, it should be. After all, the 14th Amendment was designed to deal with slaves who had just been given freedom and NOT immigrants.
Tuesday, October 23, 2007
As a matter of journalistic honesty, that editorial really should have noted those "other" illegal immigrant
Saturday, May 02, 2009
The intent of the writers of that Amendment was to force the rebelling, Southern, States to accept as citizens those Black slaves held by Whites, Native Americans and other Blacks. Many rights (But NOT all, such as voting) were extended to legal immigrants and legal visitors to the USA.
Although I am not an attorney, I put to you that the requirement of being "...subject to the jurisdiction.." of the USA and the several States excludes illegal immigrants who have avoided that jurisdiction by their unlawful entry into the USA. I put to you that such "illegals" have NO rights under the Constitution including, but not limited to: Voting in our elections; Possessing firearms; Judicial or other "due process" hearings, beyond that needed to determine their immigration status, before forced deportation; Habeas Corpus; Conditions of confinement pending deportation; Granting of citizenship to their children born in the USA; ETC..
Perhaps, we should now emphasize "duties" as much as "rights" and insist that "illegals" perform the duty of returning to their homelands and only then and only legally re-enter the USA.
Of course, enforcement of such a concept would require Federal Judges who hold faith to the letter and intent of the Constitution and its Amendment.
AND, PERHAPS, MOST IMPORTANTLY: President Thomas Jefferson's note on the interpretation of the Constitution: "On every question of construction carry ourselves back to the time when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates and instead of trying what meaning may be squeezed out of the text or invented against it, conform to to the probable one in which it was passed.
Monday, April 22, 2013
In 1492 the Spanish concluded that the risk of Islamic subversion was so dangerous to the People of Iberia that they began the physical expulsion from Spain all Muslims and those who supported them (Then including Jews, an unlikely condition today). Perhaps we should expel from the USA all Muslims who are not citizens. Those still here should be charged with "Treason" for each-and-every attack on our fellow citizens which is based on Islamic teachings.
At the very least all Muslim associations and groups should be (On the basis of history and experience) as terrorist organizations as we have for the like KKK and Nazi groups. Muslim immigrants or those who apply for student visas, should not be admitted to the USA unless they publicly (On oath/affirmation and on camera) denounce all of the horrid teachings of the Koran and likewise ink out or tear out those parts of that hate-manual.
We have had another 500-years of experience with Islamic murder, rape, genocide, robbery, lies, Islam's self-declared and perpetual war against all "unbelievers" (To this very day in such places as the Sudan and Thailand). We now know more about Mohammed (rihf) and have found him to have been a treaty-breaker, bandit, murderer and the sexual abuser of a nine year young girl child.
Sunday, January 23, 2011
One and untried method is as offered here:
1. Restrict the Border Patrol to urban areas and a thousand yards on either side of authorized, rural crossing points;
2. Allow anyone to cross into Mexico, without question, at any authorized crossing point or station;
3. Use four rows of razor ribbon coils In addition to the fences yet to be build and those sort-of in place along the entire border except for roads leading to authorized crossing points;
4. Make the balance of our border, for the first 1000-yards into the USA, a military zoneith posted notices in English, Spanish, Parsi, Arabic and local Native American languages that persons entering illegally there will be treated as invaders and will be shot, without warning if they are armed or resist arrest, and otherwise taken into custody for forced deportation or TRIAL BY MILITARY COMMISSION.
The troops could be regulars (Some brought back from Europe whose countries appear unwilling to defend themselves), reservists, National Guard and members of the General Militia (Also ad hoc posses raised by Sheriffs, mayors, JPs and other local government officials)
Tuesday, December 06, 2011It is NOT sufficient to merely order units of the National Guard to the border. They must be given "general orders" as will allow them to protect the USA. I suggest the following.
A GENERAL ORDER
2. All such persons are to immediately be forced back across the border by use of such force as is required to do so.
3. Any such persons who are armed are to be immediately fired upon and that without warning.
4. If the Border Patrol or the Armed Forces of the USA (Or, civilians under their protection) are fired upon from across our border, the Border Patrol and the Armed Forces will react to such attacks by small arms fire, field guns or aviation delivered ordinance.
5. The National Guard, Army and, if necessary, the General Militia shall support the emplacement of not less than six coils of "razor ribbon" (aka "Barbed Tape") f